Saturday, December 28, 2013

Snow Run #1

We finally got a warming spell. It was 33º today, no wind chill, so I made it outside for a run. This was my first run on snow ever. I didn't try the trails because they are snowmobile trails during winter, and I don't want to share the road with them. So I stuck to the plowed roads around my house. It was really slippery at first, I found out I had to take small steps and look for the packed snow, but once I got the hang of it, it was actually fun. It's so quiet with snow everywhere, peaceful. And I think I got a few of those "are you crazy?" looks from motorists going by. Love that. I went slow so I wouldn't slip, and just did 3 miles. I took some pictures of the lake and all the ice houses and snowmobiles. Tomorrow we are having below zero wind chill temps again. As always, I'm so glad I went when I had the chance. First run in the snow and first run with my Garmin. Hope to do lots more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment