Saturday, January 11, 2014

Trial run

I wanted to test my hip and see what I can do, so yesterday I went for an easy 5k. My pace was pretty slow, but maybe running on snow is like trail running where you have to run so carefully watching your step that you go a little slower. I felt very stiff the whole time.  My hip did bother me during and after the run but not so much that I couldn't do it again. I rolled it on the foam roller a lot afterwards which helped some. I guess it's time to visit the sport doctor and see what she recommends for solving the issue. It was great to be outside running though! 28° and foggy, but no wind really. I was only cold during the warm up, then it was wonderful. I love running in the winter with snow as long as I'm warm and I don't slip around. Done it twice and enjoyed both times. I hope the weather continues to behave for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment